2003 Cadillac CTS , Rumble when accelerating from a stop or accelerating in lower gears. | Nthefastlane Premium
Apr 22

2003 Cadillac CTS , Rumble when accelerating from a stop or accelerating in lower gears.

2 comments

I have noticed a rumble coming from the rear of the car I belive. I am a mechanic and am pretty mechanically inclined but need help on this issue. I have only had this vehicle for about a year. I am noticing a rumble during acceleration. It will happen when I turn and accelerate , or if I am taking off and crowd the pedal a little too much. I mostly noticed this when it is in the lower gears first or second. I could use some assistance in trying to figure out what my issue is. Do you have any ideas ? Could it be rear ended related? Have you ever seen or heard of this before? It feels like you are running over a small rumble strip.

Videos you have made about Cadilac CTS have been great and very informative.

nthefastlane.com is the best.

Thanks

Hi Tyke, I can almost guarantee that it has to do with your ring and pinion gear set in the rear end. This is common with the CTS 's, you will either hear a rumbling when accelerating or decelerating or a type of hi to mid range whining sound. I would purchase a new GM Ring and Pinion Gear Set. That should solve your problem. 👍

Commenting is off for this post.
  • I don’t know if this is the best place to put this question, but I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox LT. Recently I have developed issues where I was sputtering and jerking back-and-forth in reverse only. Once I got into drive, I didn’t have many issues until I hit 25-30 then my RPM’s would go high but my speed would not increase and it would sputter and jerk again. Since then, I’ve had the issue come and go on the driving part. Sometimes I can drive with no issues at all outside of the reversing. I can’t determine what it is. Any thoughts? Thanks for reading.
  • Hello. I would like to say thank you for your gy6 bbk video. I just did my first off your video and it runs great. I just purchased a 2006 Sym jet euro x50. I cannot figure out what type of 2 stroke it has. Or what parts to buy. Can you please help me? It it a Jog style? Or it's very own? Can I buy completestages 2 kits for.it? thank you so much
  • I replaced the power steering pump thinking it's what was making my truck leak fluid, but it's still leaking from both lines on the transmission cooler and somewhere by the oil filter. I'm thinking it's a return line rusted through. I can't get a good picture because the belt got wet and splattered power steering fluid everywhere.
Register.jpg